Sunday, October 23, 2011

catching up...

When I started this blog, sometime a million years ago it seems, I was yet again trying to lose weight, get fit, the whole healthy living thing. I suck at all that. It's 2011, I'm back to the weight I started at, got a CPAP machine for sleep apnea, bought a house, got my mother through stage 1 breast cancer and the loss of her older sister. That was just this year, a year that I'll be more than happy to see the end of (except for the buying the house part, mostly).

The best year was 2008, when I went to London in mid-October, of all the crazy times. Did lots of walking and sightseeing, ate and drank anything, discovered Weight Watchers in the UK had bacon in the supermarkets under their brand. The weather there was mostly uncharacteristically beautiful, though I did get a bit of the more usual rainy and cold weather the last two days. It's not cheap, but I could live there. Of course, as a tourist, I can say that; really living there might be a different story.

So, where to from here?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I stopped going to Weight Watchers this year. I can't quite get behind the whole "lose weight and everything would be better" thing, but I can't do the fat liberation, "I'm fat and just fine--deal with it" thing, either. I don't think losing weight is the solution to everything, but it would help with some things. It's trying to find that happy medium between spending every waking hour worrying about food and exercise, and letting myself die.

And, well... good luck with that, I suppose.

No comments: