Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I miss chocolate, dammit...

Well, I do. Part of the thing with Weight Watcher's point system is that you can eat anything, but you only have so many points to work with. And if you can't find the right number of points in the book, you have this handy slide-rule thing to figure them out with. So far, most of my favorite foods are seven points, 10 points... the main dish of a big meal, maybe, but hard to justify for a snack just yet. So I've been making do with 2 percent chocolate milk, which is filling, and goodness knows I need to drink the milk anyway, but it's just not the same as a Russell Stover Pecan Delight.

Sunday I tried a Balance Energy Bar. It tasted like putty. Vaguely chocolate-wax coated putty at that. And the damn thing was five points. For five points I want real chocolate, silky-smooth sinful chocolate. I want crunchy nuts, chewy caramel, a rich truffle center. Not spackling compound.

And I don't even weigh in until Saturday, for crying out loud.

No comments: